Sunday, June 7, 2009

CHERCHEZ MON PERE (graphic novel)


Why does it have to be this way?


All these years I've been trying to look for you.
I've been wanting to meet you.
I've been longing to be with you.


And all these years, I've been a failure.


I learned tying my shoes by myself.
Aren't dads supposed to teach their kids that?

That could've been my best childhood moment:
You showing me the perfect bunny ears.


I bet you haven't tried chicken isaw yet.

Burgers and fries have absolutely no match with this street food.

I hope we can enjoy a dozen of isaw sticks in a cupful of spicy vinegar someday.


Marked down prices?! At last, something to cheer me up. Maybe I can get my dream guitar this time.

BOY: Thanks dad!

...And there goes my dream.



My mom's a huge fan of my dad. That's why she never missed the chance to see his band's concert over two decades ago. Next thing she knows, He's all over her.



That night blossomed someone he doesn't know.

And that someone's me.


I exhausted every single thing the world can offer just to get in touch with you dad.

And music is the only link that'll bring us back together, then I won't stop making them untill that great day comes.



GORGORO: Hi, my name's Gorgoro.
Are you having a splendid night?


The End

No comments: