Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tonight, Rockeoke. Tomorrow, the WORLD!



When I heard about the one-year anniversary of the SPLENDID Rockeoke Idol, I ran all the way to Mag:net High Street last Monday.

I was hoping to see my dad because I heard there were going to be some celebrities… they just had these guys called Derek Ramsey and Illac Diaz. (Hmmm okay lang… but they’re not pink like me. Ladies love the pink. Sorry boys! Hahaha.)

I was more excited to see so many splendid people! The hosts, of course – Quark Henares (I hope he directs an MTV for me someday), Gabe Mercado, and JC “Burara” Medina; plus the bands, Oven Toaster and the Johnnies (na yung lead singer kamukha ni Pepe Smith)

Those fabulous floozies first got everyone drunk (the better to hear you with, the better to rock out, my dear) and then picked 15 contestants.

Quark gave me an A for “Champagne Supernova” (“I love your monobrow, it’s so Gallagher”), and they picked me as one of the 5 finalists!!! Even if it was Monday I decided to sing “Friday I’m In Love,” because I knew everyone would get up and dance.

Also I wanted to be able to tell my dad, “Been there, done that, won that!”
Except 2 humans beat me. Hindi naman discrimination. Wala lang akong tie at ‘di ako taga-Arneow (hehehe peace).
Pero okay lang! Asteeeeg pa rin.
Because the hosts picked me to sing with them at the end.
Wooooohoooo!
Sana may magkwento kay Dad na naka-perform na rin ako sa High Street! On the way to the big time na ako!

Everyone drank till we all sounded SPLENDID.
Happy birthday Rockeoke!

1 comment:

carl said...

hey gorgoro, i was shocked when they didn't call your name, actually. when i see you again, i will give you a tie. let's see if i could send you to ateneo too. hahahaha

i enjoyed your performance at mag:net last night! the paper, scissors rock benefit thingie. hope to catch you perform again soon.

your the coolest pink-puppet-rocker and you deserve a tie.